Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see where a "hero" of Clarence Clemons passed away a couple of days. He certainly influence a lot of musicians and that will be his greatest legacy. I play two tenors. My primary horn is a Keilwerth SX90R with a Dukoff 9 mp and the other is a Yamaha YTS-82Z. I understand that Clarence played the SX90R so wanting to experiment with a "big sound" similiar to what he had I tried my very first custom neck. I ordered it from Stephan Bösken. He started his career as an apprentice at Julius Keilwerth.This is my very first experience at trying a neck that did not come with a sax and I just cannot believe what a difference it made.

I would have never, ever imagine the improvement it made in both my
own blowing and in the sound. It is so much easier to blow and easier
to get the lower registers and the altissimo despite not having to blow
as hard

I am very, very excited by the neck and pleasantly please with its performance. So much so that I ordered, and just received, a custom neck from Stephan for my Yamaha and I am equally pleased with that too.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm glad it worked out for you, a neck can make a big difference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This whole chucking new necks on different saxes, is one of those things I originally heard about and said, "no way, this is just hype". But i've tried it myself at shops and its for real, the impact it can make is massive.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
This whole chucking new necks on different saxes, is one of those things I originally heard about and said, "no way, this is just hype". But i've tried it myself at shops and its for real, the impact it can make is massive.
So true. Best neck I ever played on my old Mark VII Alto was a P. Muariat System 76 neck. Opened up the sound, and played much better in tune!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts