Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ... I wanted to post this video demonstrating the different styles and the capabilities of what the 10MFAN Classic mouthpiece can do. I've played 1000's of pieces and I was really impressed by the versatility and ease of play this piece offers!

I also wanted to try to make a video that marries a review / with showing different styles of play etc. An overview of what the piece can do so to speak!

Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
15,479 Posts
Simon!
Very cool of you to do this great video!!!
I will post it on my website right away. You sound fantastic.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Happy New Year.

·
Premium Member
15,479 Posts
I love that this is on a 6*. Smaller tip sizes on tenor don't get enough love around here...

I fully agree! I am using a 6 tip on my Showtime tenor and love it.
It’s impossible for me to get the dealers to buy smaller tip tenors. What a shame.
If anyone wants one, we can make my models in 5*, 6, 6* tips.

·
Premium Member
15,479 Posts
They can be in certain pieces.
I’m not a fan of higher baffle pieces in small tips.... but Links, Selmers, Brilharts, etc...can work great there.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,790 Posts
Hey guys ... I wanted to post this video demonstrating the different styles and the capabilities of what the 10MFAN Classic mouthpiece can do. I've played 1000's of pieces and I was really impressed by the versatility and ease of play this piece offers!

I also wanted to try to make a video that marries a review / with showing different styles of play etc. An overview of what the piece can do so to speak!

Happy New Year!

Man, Nice! Makes we want to try a 6 tip opening!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man, Nice! Makes we want to try a 6 tip opening!

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated.

I switched to 5* - 6* tips, depending on the piece, years ago. I used to play 8-9. Speaking about Link style pieces specifically. No high baffle stuff.

Metal I like .088 - .090 and rubber a little bigger .092 - .095. Although there are some exceptions, I find this is true in most cases with me personally.

I find that the smaller tips are really really underestimated. Just dial in the reed and they are perfect! Super flexible and sonically you can manipulate them a lot more.

I can't tell you how many people I've given a lesson to that were playing 7-8 tip pieces and I say, try this 5* with this reed and their mind explodes at how much better they sound. LoL.

Anyway. Happy New year!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sounds great! Why aren’t you doing a lot more demos for TM?!
Thanks.

I do now a days. I am also managing the pro shop now. It's busy enough with everything going on that we generally just make demos for horns that people request them on.

I am trying to get some time to expand the TM Talks section and work on techniques and reviews. I feel like that resource would be more valuable to players as a whole.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love that this is on a 6*. Smaller tip sizes on tenor don't get enough love around here...
Yes sir! I completely agree. I know a bunch of killer players that play 6 - 6*. Not to mention most of the all time greats that played a 5* - 6* Link or something similar!

·
Registered
Tenors: TM Custom; MkVI 96k and 124k
188 Posts
Nice playing Simon! I've also been playing my smaller tips and having an easier time with them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts