Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a new model called the SoundMaster. It has a large round chamber but with more baffle. I job the entire mouthpiece out to a machine shop so it keeps the cost down, they are $325 + shipping. However, I will be raising all my prices very soon; as soon as I can get someone to do the actual site work. It has a screw on ligature like an old Link and it's really great stuff. Right now I have 7*'s and 8's. Interested parties can email me at [email protected] or call me at 212.686.9410. Thanks everyone. Phil Barone

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
This is for tenor I assume? How much baffle are we talking about here? Are they still hand-finished? I don't need another mouthpiece since I just ordered one from you, but I am still curious.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Martinman said:
This is for tenor I assume? How much baffle are we talking about here? Are they still hand-finished? I don't need another mouthpiece since I just ordered one from you, but I am still curious.

Yep, it's for tenor. Not a lot of baffle but the sound get's up and out there really well. It's top quality stuff at a great price. Phil

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Phil Barone said:
However, I will be raising all my prices very soon; as soon as I can get someone to do the actual site work.
Phil,

If all you need are price changes, I would be glad make the changes for you in exchange for appropriate credit toward one of your mouthpieces. Please email me if I can help.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Enviroguy said:
Phil,

If all you need are price changes, I would be glad make the changes for you in exchange for appropriate credit toward one of your mouthpieces. Please email me if I can help.
Ah, I promised it to someone else but maybe I can scate out of it. I just need price changes, ya think you'd ring up that much? Phil

·
4,147 Posts
Phil Barone said:
Yep, it's for tenor. Not a lot of baffle but the sound get's up and out there really well. It's top quality stuff at a great price. Phil

Sounds intruiging.

·
Registered
95 Posts
similar name?

doesn't Ted Klum have a piece that just came out called the same thing or close too it. Same concept too. Machine made copy of a link with some extra umph. I might be totaly off, is this something you've had in the works?

·
Registered
95 Posts
hello?

Any comments?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Phil: can you elaborate a bit further how the new SoundMaster compares to your other tenor pieces? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Enviroguy said:
If all you need are price changes, I would be glad make the changes for you in exchange for appropriate credit
Are you nuts?!? You volunteer so Phil can raise his prices??? And then you want credit for it?!? :Rant: :cussing: :violent1: :argue3: :protest: :banghead: :angry4:

(just kiddin')

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
Large round chamber, more baffle and a screw on lig? Sounds like an AMMA at half the price. I could be wrong.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
4,842 Posts
Giganova said:
Are you nuts?!? You volunteer so Phil can raise his prices??? And then you want credit for it?!? :Rant: :cussing: :violent1: :argue3: :protest: :banghead: :angry4:

(just kiddin')
I actually made the website changes for Phil. He did me a favor a couple of years back, so I thought I'd return the favor. Sorry, for anyone that I inadvertently screwed over. ;-)

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Giganova said:
Phil: can you elaborate a bit further how the new SoundMaster compares to your other tenor pieces? Thanks!
Ya know, I hate to do that because everyone gets different results and I hate hype. It's a great piece if you like Links but it's not at all stuffy. Phil

·
5,316 Posts
Martinman said:
. . . Are they still hand-finished? . . .
Phil,

I don't recall hearing an answer to this? So are they hand finished, and if so, is it by you or someone else? (I'm trying to figure out what makes the SoundMaster about $200 cheaper than your NY, Jazz, and Hollywood.)

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think Phil answered that question at the top of this page:

"I job the entire mouthpiece out to a machine shop so it keeps the cost down"

·
4,147 Posts
Giganova said:
I think Phil answered that question at the top of this page:

"I job the entire mouthpiece out to a machine shop so it keeps the cost down"

I asked becasue I wasn't sure if it was the entire thing, or just the main body, and then Phil hand finishes it. I kind of missed the word "entire":cool:

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LampLight said:
Phil,

I don't recall hearing an answer to this? So are they hand finished, and if so, is it by you or someone else? (I'm trying to figure out what makes the SoundMaster about $200 cheaper than your NY, Jazz, and Hollywood.)

Thanks very much.
Yes, they're hand-finished but not by me but it doesn't matter. It's cheaper because it's entirely made by CNC except for the tip rail which is filed in by hand. Phil

·
5,316 Posts
Phil Barone said:
Yes, they're hand-finished but not by me but it doesn't matter. It's cheaper because it's entirely made by CNC except for the tip rail which is filed in by hand. Phil
Phil,

Thanks very much.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Phil Barone said:
Yes, they're hand-finished but not by me but it doesn't matter.
You realise, of course, that you just lost bragging rights over those others who are importing similar mpcs. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts