Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,164 Posts
So is the introduction of the Florida model the reason the Grande Supreme is now in limited supply from Mouthpiece Cafe?
I suspect, although I may be wrong, that the Grande Supreme is brighter than these. After many emails with Erik I deduced that the Morgan 'florida' slant copy is similar in brightness to the rubber Yanagisawa that Erik modified for me, which is not nearly as bright as the Grande Suprene I had for a short time. The new double chamber mouthpiece is similar to the Florida but with the additional chamber volume which does spread the sound a little more.
When I asked what would be a good tonal mid-point between my rubber yanagisawa and my Lamberson DD he suggested the Indiana EB-style mouthpiece, without the need for a double chamber modification on my Martin baritone

·
3,164 Posts
FWIW I have a new Morgan Indiana for my Martin Comm iii bari, normal shank length, and it sits on the same place on the cork as my double chambered mouthpieces from Erik. I was going to get the long shank but Erik advised it would be fine without, for me at least.
Great mouthpiece too

·
3,164 Posts
Thank you, a casual search fails me on Committee III but as Martin saxes ended in 71, I guess this may be before 1970? My impression from my own baris is that my '50s King may not be all that vintage, in this particular matter.
The Comm iii is 'The Martin.....' model

1 - 4 of 4 Posts