Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2015-17
2,149 Posts
I bought one of the Florida models. For me it is a great mouthpiece, and works on both my old Conn and modern Yani low A.

·
2,149 Posts
Man this Morgan Florida just gets better and better! I mean really, this time. Not just the flavor of the season or whatever. Not this time. Really.

·
2,149 Posts
I had a Grande Supreme at .120, was very nice but just a little edgy for me. Also have one of the pieces Pete Thomas sells, and it’s very nice but just a little edgy for me. I can get a hint of what I want out of either, and probably could learn to use either. The Florida is just right, has just the right resistance, and I like to push it hard. I don’t do well with a very high rollover type baffle, so that’s why I chose the Florida over the Indiana model. It has enough edge and projection and that big warm purr I like. Every word sounds like a cliche, but I don’t know how else to describe it. Big, fat, loud but pretty. If I dropped and broke it, my Rubber Berg 120/M/1 refaced by Mojo would go on. Or a 120 STM with baffle added by mojo.

Mine is .110 tip. Using 3.5 Orange box Ricos, but still experimenting with reeds. I could probably go with something harder. If there’s a fault it’s that it will not tolerate just any crappy old reed.

·
2,149 Posts
I found the Grande a little too edgy at first, but since it was altered that was no longer an issue.
Also using my trusty old Rico Royals rather than Fibracell made a huge difference.
The Aizen is better all around though.
I'd love to try the GM model, but don't wish to sell a kidney for the experience.
And you don't see them on the used market yet.
I have seen a couple of the GM models for sale of facebook.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts