Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5f01TOz54

This was shot on Delbert McClinton's Sandy Beaches Cruise. This cruise is a blast. It's all about music. Sells out every year. About 30 bands and solo artists. Music starts everyday at 11 am and continues until about midnite, then the jam sessions start. Not your normal cruise gig. We only have to play 3 one hour sets the entire week. We will be going again in January.

delbert.com

The documentary is about Delbert's musical career.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,393 Posts
SW,,,
Looks like a totally great time,,cool green shirt too...

Too bad im way out here in the middle of the pacific,,,

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BH,

Yeah that gig is great.

And you may be stuck in the Pacific but I played a week on Diego Garcia. Now that's the middle of nowhere. But it was a fun gig too.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,393 Posts
Diego,,,now thats really out there...great place to do some fishing.When i will there they wouldnt let us swim,,too many sharks so we just drank like fish the whole time.

You guys are awesome.....cant take the CD out my my car......
Tell PNUT he should post here more....

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great stuff. The feel is very reminiscent of the Chet Baker version of Love for Sale, with Brecker, on "You Can't Go Home Again". Did a transcription of that years ago.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
loved it, nice solo Pnutbutta (how does he spell that again?)

tell me was that an anti-seasickness thing behind Roger's ear? I know I would corner the market on those things...no sea legs. (funny I did a corporate video about emergency inflatables, on a small boat shortly before a hurricane... had to take a break (over the side) in between shots... not fun. Video came out great though...

now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts