Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am demo-ing the new version of my Double Ring Florida Link copy the Marantz Double Ring Legacy on my recently acquired 1955 63,XXX MK VI tenor! I'm falling in love with this setup... Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW03DVpepK4

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,048 Posts
No longer a member?

What in the heck?
Curious. If he violated some rule, it would be useful to know - if for no other reason than to know where not to tread.

Is he still doing mouthpieces for 10mfan?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Curious. If he violated some rule, it would be useful to know - if for no other reason than to know where not to tread.

The million dollar question Doc. Never thought that partnership would last, but that's just me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,744 Posts
I talked to Matt today about this and I've done business with him before. Let's just say I wouldn't hesitate to continue to do business with him.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,048 Posts
I talked to Matt today about this and I've done business with him before. Let's just say I wouldn't hesitate to continue to do business with him.
Thanks for that. I, too, reached out to him, and wish him well.

·
10MFAN MOUTHPIECES "Innovation over imitation"
15,836 Posts

Yes, he is all set to do my metal mouthpieces for me, and we are both really excited about it.
The Black Widow metal will be first, and should be ready in August.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,220 Posts
I would. I had a really awful experience. Thankfully, there are many good refacers.

·
Registered
8,205 Posts
There’s something about these guys that they get very defensive and feelings easily hurt.
If you comment about their products after they ask you, they get offended.
“Ask me no questions.....”

·
Administrator
13,994 Posts
Administrator note:

The rules of the forum state that EVERYONE is held accountable to read and follow them. When a rule is breached and action is taken, it is not the duty or obligation of the staff to seek out permission from the offender before dealing with the problem. Matt did not want to be held to the same standard as everyone else. After going around in circles discussing this with him, he ultimately decided to leave when it was made clear that these exceptions to the rules were not going to happen for him. A simple removal of the offending item sans admonishment was escalated by him into a full blown mama drama. A private YAGE between him and the staff if you will.

He is no longer a member here, and reopening conversations that the staff have closed is not going to be tolerated. Nor will the apparent need of some to stir the pot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.