Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Back with another video featuring the 10mfan Daddy-O mouthpiece. This time it's in a quartet setting, and the audio from this is straight from the board so it's crystal clear!! The tune is called "Just Another Day" and it's written by the drummer and leader of the group, Dom Palombi. I hope you enjoy it!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,384 Posts
The piece sounds easy to play. But I hear the thousands of hours of long tones, bending exercises, overtones. you much have done. But that being said it is a great alto tone. K

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Always a pleasure, Dave! You never disappoint.
Great sound and very clear indeed...but maybe the piano was just a little heavy in the mix (you know, from a sax players perspective :)).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well, at last, that one gives justice to sound ! :)
Great tune, great sound and you sound like you have fun !

What is the quality you like the most with the Daddy-O, Dave ?

·
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always a pleasure, Dave! You never disappoint.
Great sound and very clear indeed...but maybe the piano was just a little heavy in the mix (you know, from a sax players perspective :)).
It was definitely too much there- I guess the sound guy heard it and changed it (this tune was early in the 1st set) because in another video I'm going to post it's a much better balance.

·
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The piece sounds easy to play. But I hear the thousands of hours of long tones, bending exercises, overtones. you much have done. But that being said it is a great alto tone. K
;) good ear, and thanks!

Well, at last, that one gives justice to sound ! :)
Great tune, great sound and you sound like you have fun !

What is the quality you like the most with the Daddy-O, Dave ?
Thank you! Honestly it's the clarity of it- whether I'm playing slow or blisteringly fast, the notes just pop out really cleanly with no interference.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Sounds awesome. Would be great to hear some side by side comparisons ib the same session!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts