Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased one new Legere Signature Sop sax reed from Amazon, and when I received the reed, I went through it very carefully before opening the box and I found there's a crack on the tip of the reed and right corner is bent. I was like Holy XXXX and shipped it back for exchange, and I told them to check for any damage or defect before shipping the reed. And today I received this "Exchanged" reed and surprisingly I find that.....it's still a damaged reed. ***. Now I'm sooooooo pissed and I'll just return it and never gonna purchase from that store again. Anyone had a similar experience?

View attachment 46621

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
Was it sold by Amazon, was it from another vendor and fulfilled by Amazon, or was it a third party vendor? It makes a huge difference in where the item is actually coming from and in how customer service is handled.

• Sold by Amazon means that Amazon buys the item and sells it directly to you.
  • Sold by someone else and Fulfilled by Amazon means that third party vendors (dealers, stores, distributors) send their products to Amazon fulfillment centers, and Amazon packs and ships the items and provides customer service.
  • Sold by a third party means that Amazon handles the money, but the third party packs and ships the item and provides customer service.
Amazon and Legere, while not perfect, are both reliable and provide excellent customer service in my experience. If there was a third party involved in the sale, it would help the forum for you to tell us who the third party was.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it sold by Amazon, was it from another vendor and fulfilled by Amazon, or was it a third party vendor? It makes a huge difference in where the item is actually coming from and in how customer service is handled.

• Sold by Amazon means that Amazon buys the item and sells it directly to you.
  • Sold by someone else and Fulfilled by Amazon means that third party vendors (dealers, stores, distributors) send their products to Amazon fulfillment centers, and Amazon packs and ships the items and provides customer service.
  • Sold by a third party means that Amazon handles the money, but the third party packs and ships the item and provides customer service.
Amazon and Legere, while not perfect, are both reliable and provide excellent customer service in my experience. If there was a third party involved in the sale, it would help the forum for you to tell us who the third party was.
I think it satisfies #3. Sold by Music123....

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
1,804 Posts
Seems like Music123 may be selling reeds that have been used, not very nice.
Possibly.

When I was using Legere reeds, I found their quality control to be very good. If I were to go back to playing Legere, I'd deal directly with Legere for returns of defective reeds and let them hash it out with the retailer. They have a liberal exchange policy if you don't have the right strength and, after all, they have a vested interest in not having the sort of negative review the OP shared with us.

To the OP, try another Legere from different source. While they're not for everyone, I think the typical reed they make is made well. At least they were several years back when I was using them.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,104 Posts
I too received a couple of bad Legeres last year. They may simply have had a bad batch. Music 123 may have some old stock. WWBW shipped me my bad ones but they have been shipping good ones since. I have two more arriving next week. Ill post here if I find any issues. Other than the two I got last year, they have been quite consistent.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
Just call Sara at Legere and explain what has happened to you. They have always gone above and beyond to help players out.

Sara Meredith
Customer Service Representative
Légère Reeds Ltd.
121 Welham Rd.Suite #4
Barrie, Ontario
Canada, L4N 8Y3
Telephone: 1-705-735-1559
Fax: 1-705-735-4097

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I too received a couple of bad Legeres last year. They may simply have had a bad batch. Music 123 may have some old stock. WWBW shipped me my bad ones but they have been shipping good ones since. I have two more arriving next week. Ill post here if I find any issues. Other than the two I got last year, they have been quite consistent.
Agreed. I've also purchased some (> 6) Legere reeds from Woodwind & Brasswind, and I haven't had any issues with those reeds. For this one, the box seems to be opened before and they just simply glued it up shipped it out again.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just call Sara at Legere and explain what has happened to you. They have always gone above and beyond to help players out.

Sara Meredith
Customer Service Representative
Légère Reeds Ltd.
121 Welham Rd.Suite #4
Barrie, Ontario
Canada, L4N 8Y3
Telephone: 1-705-735-1559
Fax: 1-705-735-4097
Thank you for the info.. I've already set up a return for this defective reed. Music123's customer service seems to be good though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I got a cracked sop reed a while back from Music 123 through Ebay. When I opened the package, the reed was not in the holder, but just loose in the box. I emailed Music 123 and they said they were out of these, but they refunded my money and let me keep the reed. I used a little crazy glue on it, and it plays good enough for a backup.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a cracked sop reed a while back from Music 123 through Ebay. When I opened the package, the reed was not in the holder, but just loose in the box. I emailed Music 123 and they said they were out of these, but they refunded my money and let me keep the reed. I used a little crazy glue on it, and it plays good enough for a backup.
Their after-sales-service is good though, but that's not what we are looking for, instead of good products.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just use WWBW man
If you live in the US of course
wwbw.com is great and has some great deals sometimes too, and you can sometimes find coupon codes for them on Retailmenot.com
Love love love that site

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the info.!

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
372 Posts
Just use WWBW man
If you live in the US of course
wwbw.com is great and has some great deals sometimes too, and you can sometimes find coupon codes for them on Retailmenot.com
Love love love that site
Unfortunately, wwbw, musicians friend, music 123, and music and arts are all part of the Guitar Center corp.. I'm not sure how music and arts operates, but I know that wwbw, musicians friend, and music 123 all share the same warehouse but maintain their own call centers. I'm sure this will change eventually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Center

1 - 15 of 15 Posts