Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
!

Kenny Thomas excellent English soul singer has re recorded my composition "Thinking About Your Love" on his new album " Breath" due for release in September. My tune kicks in at 1.35 on this sampler.
We had a big UK and European hit ( top 5 for 15 weeks) back in the day and the tune has been a perennial on Soul music stations since,

I really like Kenny's new interpretation for 2011.

http://www.bluesandsoul.com/feature/711/kenny_thomas_dont_call_it_a_comeback/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breathe-Kenny-Thomas/dp/B005IQ5D0I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1314827133&sr=8-5

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wade. I don't think we'd call it disco!! but you can disco dance to it for sure!. Several of my older compositions still get played and performed . Here's a Number One I wrote for Take That in 93. I have a triple platinum disc on my studio wall for this one.........keeps me in reeds!

July 2011

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Well done! Nice to not only have the recognition but a steady supply of reed $$. Didn't mean to mislabel or offend about the style. Fact is I don't listen to pop music of any kind so just hear the beat and style of arrangement which (in this case) sounds to me like disco. I get/understand jazz and classical music. Pop is like fashion, which seems dictated by the style of the times, and is somewhat transient. That's what the comment was about... the longevity of having something that sounds like old pop music (disco) that's still being played and has new recordings. Good on ya.

·
Banned
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No offence Wade..thanks for your interest. Music is music to me if it's Eric Dolphy , Debussy or Elvis. I'm a professional songwriter and I play all the horns too sometimes these days for money but often for love. It doesn't get any easier to make a living though. I was fortunate to come up when you still could so I do ok but I know a lot of very talented younger guys who have to day job...back in the day they would have been signed up with an advance and more opportunity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts