Sax on the Web Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I've had a Tenor VRNYJT around for almost two weeks, as part of the passaround of course. My thoughts:

-Feels great in the mouth, a little slimmer than my Otto Link Tone Edge, feeling more like an STM
-Tip opening of .105 was easy to control, didn't fatigue me at all with a JAVA 3
-Tone is quite a bit brighter than my custom Tone Edge, which in itself can be bright. Quite loud, more focused, top end is more open with a nice crackle
-Really REALLY opens up the palm keys, G3 speaks so clearly. No wonder everyone loves these for the high end!
-A little too balsy for my general repertoire, but for more pop-ish stuff I'd love one of these.
-Responds on the dime, no issues with reed computability, seemed to like my JAVA's the best. Half a strength harder would probably improve the sound a bit.
-Ring lig is simple, seals well, looks unique, does its job

Sound Sample

·
Registered
26 Posts
I needed a tenor piece bad, so went ahead and ordered one since they've got pretty good reviews, and Aaron is such an on-the-ball businessman. And the price is right, of course.
Came today, contemporary II, just played a 3 hour rehearsal on it, and as I wrote to Aaron a minute ago, I am really digging this thing! I had no idea this old beater horn I'm playing on right now could play that well that high. Really snappy.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts