Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi I'm sort of a long time reader first time poster but i have been looking at this site for awhile and i thought you could use some younger musicians on this site.
I am 16 years old and have been playing the saxophone since the 4th grade (I wont bore you with the details).Some of my favorite artists are Charlie Parker Coleman Hawkins Buddy Bolden (just kidding!) and Sidney Bechet.
I play Alto and Soprano saxophone anyway my horns are as follows:

Yamaha Custom EX Alto ,SR Technologies Legend hard rubber Mpc, Vandoren, ZZ 2 1/2
Selmer SA80 series, III Otto link hard rubber 6*, Vandoren ZZ 2 1/2

thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
Welcome aboard! Looks like you've got some pretty nice horns there for a high school kid. Did you buy them all by yourself or did you get some help from your parents?

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Marty time to hit the firing range again? You probably spend more time there than you do at your house right thats the feeling I get.

Welcome well you don't have to serious Gas. That will change quickly ;)

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
Welcome aboard! I used to live on W. Pikes Peak Ave. back when you were -3 or -4.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
Welcome to the asylum! :) (Just speaking for myself of course!;) ;) ) Colorado Springs, man throw me in the briar patch. Nice place!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i have been to the museum my dad is a good friend of dragonman and my dad's missile crew uniform is on display in the museum.
oh and my rents did help me buy the EX but i sold my tenor for the soprano

both of those are gone now my new setup is a P.Mauriat 76dk tenor and a Fred Rast mouthpiece and i use Francois Louis reeds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts