Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Karsten has been working on a soprano sax for many years (at least as long as I've known him). He sent me the link to this video this morning. He has sent me some photos and audio files in the past but this really captures the horn beautifully. I know that the horn is likely to be cost prohibitive for most folks (I think more than the Inderbinen) but I'm going to start saving my shekels to get one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsyFhRhsb74

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,861 Posts
Nice, I too saw the body tube without keys in Karsten's workshop and got the impression that he himself considered it one of those projects that stay confined to the back-burner but I see that now it's out there.
The player in the video says that he can reach high D or Eb which he never previously could reach on any other saxophone. It will be probably expensive and I don't know how much time Gloger can dedicate to the making of a saxophone ( while he's busy with the necks ) and how long one would have to wait for one. But it is very nice to see that he did it.

·
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he's moving this off the back burner. I understand that they will be available but will probably take some time for delivery. The one in his shop (or the one I saw) that he'd had around is not this one. I think it's a whole new tube with a redesigned bore and tone hole placement. I told him that I'll be wanting one but he's not completely set on price ( as of a couple months ago). Probably the cost of a new jetta. :).

·
38,861 Posts
well, I had to wait 4 months for my Super 20 neck (which I went to order and pick up personally) so I can just imagine how long it would take from order to completion of a soprano saxophone.

·
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A
Really
Long
Long
Time

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,391 Posts
Wow,,
10,000 Euro for a Sop...

Im sure its a great player,all his stuff is killer.

·
Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contribut
3,259 Posts
That's about the same as an Inderbinen if my memory is functioning (which is iffy some days LOL)

·
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just heard from Karsten. Wait time for a soprano is between 8-12 months. Also, that he works with the individual to dial in the intonation. Probably means a trip to Holland in the cards.

·
38,861 Posts
Groningen is .........far away! In Dutch you say Nothing goes above Groningen........... (I hope you appreciate the innuendo)

·
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
38,861 Posts

·
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I had £9000 to spare, I would buy that beautiful mezzo-soprano in F that the Danish man makes.
I think it's in G, but it would be nice to have both.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts