Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone playing on one of the new "spectruoso" pieces for bari?
I am interested in a B325 or B345. Interested too hear some experiences with these....
I am currently playing the Vandoren B7 which I like very much but who knows the FL might be even better....:bluewink:
Thanks
Walter

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
I got my Spectruoso Bari 260 sphere chamber yesterday and had some time with it. My first impression is that is is very well made and finished: tip, rails perfect and table flat. The baffle is moderate, certainly higher than the various Links I have been playing recently but lower than a Lamberson DD, Drake Contemporary or Durga style piece. The sphere chamber is quite unique. It plays a tiny bit brighter than a Tone Edge Link with more projection, not a lot brighter but it has something extra on the upper overtones that the Link does not have. Intonation is spot on right up to the palm keys. I don't think it is a "tone in a box" instant fix kind of piece but it seems to have the flexibility to let you shape your tone the way you want it.
With it I got the FL Pure Brass lig, which I can't say is an improvement over the FL Ultimate. Perhaps it will grow on me.
Hope this helps!

guido

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your kind info! I guess not many people own one yet. You know of any soundclips somewhere? (not that that would tell everything, it depends on who is playing allso of course)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts