Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New engraving from Cannonball. Yay or Nay?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I mean, if you're playing in a Mexican Ska band (which I have and often times revisit), this is perfect. A beater horn that looks the part where all you *really* need to do is be LOUD and dance? Get a matching fashion piece and you're set.

But in good taste? Nononononononono. No. No. Certainly not.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,590 Posts
Thank you, no.

That, my friend, is why engravers are not allowed to drink at work.

Just say "No" to "One more shot?"

·
Forum Contributor 2012, SOTW Saxophone Whisperer,
3,212 Posts
For what it is, it looks very well done, however it's not my cup of tea. I think it's also more of the dark (or black) lacquer it's on that makes it stick out so much. So in short, THAT engraving on THAT lacquer is a poor choice. I dunno if I'd like it on more traditional colored lacquer.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,493 Posts
How long before this company, already known for fraudulent claims such as stone key touches improving intonation, will tell us the engraving allows for more cutting edge articulation...

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,836 Posts
How long before this company, already known for fraudulent claims such as stone key touches improving intonation, will tell us the engraving allows for more cutting edge articulation...
I am unaware of them ever claiming this. Do you have a link or any proof they made this claim regarding intonation? I know they claim the stones change the way the horn "resonates" with some kind of test to prove it, but I've never heard them say it improves intonation.

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
For what it is, it looks very well done, however it's not my cup of tea. I think it's also more of the dark (or black) lacquer it's on that makes it stick out so much. So in short, THAT engraving on THAT lacquer is a poor choice. I dunno if I'd like it on more traditional colored lacquer.
I agree with you. Not my cup of tea, but it will appeal to some of the younger generation. Question is, will the parents fund it? Also, I've seen these and the lacquer is what I would consider "purple".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Grumps. You won me $20.00 in a bet. I bet another member of this group that if I posted an ugly engraving that someone, within 20 replies,would bring up stones and intonation. My friend said "no way, I'll bet you $20," if we meet in person, I'll buy you a drink.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts