Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I wanted to let you know that I've got a new eBook out "Fourteen Major Key Explorations."

I've got a FREE excerpt available here.

After compiling the exercises, which I've developed over the years as teaching tools to improve student's technique and understanding of harmony through phrases associated with modern Jazz language, I discovered that all of them could be applied to "rhythm changes" with excellent results. I ended up recording a solo with a background track in which I utilize each exercise, intermingled with other improvisation, to create an effective solo.

I am particularly pleased with the results, and I wanted to share this excerpt so that saxophonists can get a small taste of what I have done with my ebooks, which are available at ericalexanderjazz.com.

Let me know what you think!

Eric

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm lucky to be on a forum with such accomplished members... Thanks for the music MR. A. Just bought the ibook and now to work..

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have Eric's previous 2 Ebooks and have found them to be fantastic. Very clear, and the material is super accessible and easy too apply. Can't wait to work with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,878 Posts
I just played through the loop example in a couple of keys and this is really fantastic. Great 'shape' to the phrases and use of chromatic passing tones. Thanks Eric!! I'll have to get the ebook for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone

I wanted to let you know that I've got a new eBook out "Fourteen Major Key Explorations."

I've got a FREE excerpt available here.

After compiling the exercises, which I've developed over the years as teaching tools to improve student's technique and understanding of harmony through phrases associated with modern Jazz language, I discovered that all of them could be applied to "rhythm changes" with excellent results. I ended up recording a solo with a background track in which I utilize each exercise, intermingled with other improvisation, to create an effective solo.

I am particularly pleased with the results, and I wanted to share this excerpt so that saxophonists can get a small taste of what I have done with my ebooks, which are available at ericalexanderjazz.com.

Let me know what you think!

Eric
Hi
I can't find your book anywhere on the web...
Can you please tell me where I can purchase it ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
excerpt is easy to find (I got it), but the complete book seems impossible to find :(
The link I posted will take you to his website. There are links on that page to his current educational offerings. Skype lessons. His Twitter account. His Facebook account et cetera et cetera et cetera.

One of those social media sites he's participating on will also have his phone number and an email address.

Good luck in your quest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts