Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been in the works for a long while. It's a very limited theatrical release currently (New York, with Glendale, Austin, and Albuquerque coming soon). If anyone catches it please let us know how it is. The website with trailer is here: FIRE MUSIC

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
So how do we get this? I'm going to try on Amazon Prime. Excited about this, because I love that music, and was there in the early and mid sixties went so much of it went on

·
Registered
1955 Conn 16M + 1973 Bundy 1 alto
157 Posts
Wow. That is a very limited release - only five days for it in NYC. I didn't check how long the other cities will have it, but NYC is the place I'd plausibly see it. But not that week. Not happy.

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how do we get this? I'm going to try on Amazon Prime. Excited about this, because I love that music, and was there in the early and mid sixties went so much of it went on
I assume it will make the theatrical circuit for a while depending on how much of a draw it is and eventually (I hope) be available for streaming.

·
Registered
VI Soprano, Searchlight Alto, TH&C Tenor
1,354 Posts
I assume it will make the theatrical circuit for a while depending on how much of a draw it is and eventually (I hope) be available for streaming.
Yeah, I can’t wait. This stuff, Fusion & ECM somehow eluded the Ken Burns’ documentary. I like the jazz that proceeded it, but this is what I mostly listened to when I was young. Only wish it was a 4 part series.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Been waiting on this for a while, looks promising but agree the subject probably deserves to be a miniseries.

Would be helpful if the website had a list of interviewees. That they got Prince Lasha is promising though!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I look forward to seeing this. I would guess the best free music of the 60s was not recorded, to have heard those guys/gals when they were discovering the music in lofts and stages would have been something. Certainly the best free improvisations I've heard, the most powerful statements by far, were performed live.
Reading Ted Gioia's Subversive history of music recently, had me reconsidering free jazz/improvisation. Gioia considers the most far reaching transition in music history to have been that of the magic and incantations of Orpheus', being tyrannized by Pythagoras' new music of mathematics. Whatever...free jazz can be powerful, this doco looks promising.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts