Sax on the Web Forum banner

NEW BOOK: Preventing the 26 most common health-problems for saxophone players

14K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  JamesD 
Perhaps saxes should come with a warning: Warning! Playing this instrument can be detrimental to your health and well-being. :bluewink:
Saxophone playing, like a lot of things, can be detrimental to your health ... when you do it wrong.

Seems like a lot of the conditions listed above could easily be avoided by employing proper technique. Oral mucocele (ie, blisters) can normally be avoided with a proper embouchere, tendinitis with proper hand positioning and motion, etc. But maybe that's the point of the book.

Wow....tough room. There's no real profit in an obscure ebook written for a very small target audience....I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the author wrote this with the very best of intentions....
Well, sure, but ... the book is one of a whole set of books and videos being marketed by the author. (See http://www.hellosaxophone.com/ ). He charges money for this stuff so we can assume he believes there is some potential profit in it. Especially if, as his website states, he has 200,000 students.

A lot of people who post regularly on this site also sell stuff, including the kinds of products being marketed by the OP. I can't fault him for doing the same, nor for starting a thread on one of his products (assuming no site rules are being violated in the process). I think Fader is right about there not being much profit to be gained from this particular ebook.
Nobody's faulting anyone for selling stuff. But if you're going to use an open internet forum like this one to advertise your products and services, you have to be willing to accept criticism along with praise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.