Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited to release a new book I have been working on over the last four months. The new book is called “Devastating Dominant Lines for Jazz & Funk Soloing” and is similar in concept to my best selling “Devastating Minor Lines” book. Here is a description:

An inside approach to outside playing using pentatonics, chromaticism, 3-tonic systems, 4-tonic system, tri-tone substitutions, whole-tone scales, diminished scales, altered scales, melodic minor scales and intervallic patterns to produce modern sounding lines in the style of Michael Brecker and Bob Berg. Devastating Dominant Lines contains 75 16th note lines written out in all 12 keys that can be used over dominant tonalities. These lines give the student functional ideas that weave in and out of the tonality to produce a modern and “outside” sound.

If you have my Devastating Minor Lines book and love it, this is a similar concept but for dominant grooves. It includes 75 killer 16th note lines in all 12 keys. I am very proud of this book and am including a 2 hour and 4 minute video lesson about the book that explains how to best practice from it and the concepts involved for each line in the book. I demonstrate all the lines and concepts using the soprano saxophone to a dominant play along track so you can hear how they sound.

It's available as a PDF for 14.99 or a printed book for 29.99 at the link below

Musical instrument Azure World Organism Font

Devastating Dominant Lines for Jazz and Funk Soloing

·
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you ordered a printed version of my book from Lulu please email me the receipt and I can send you the 2 hour lesson that goes with the book also. The lesson is really essential to understanding the lines in the book and what concepts they are using.........Thanks, Steve

·
13,130 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts