Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
Were on the horn to you attach the stand hook? Does it fit to the normal strap ring? It would be so much easier to envision with a picture of it in use?

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I'm trying to envision how it would use the strap ring. At least in the photo, the hook is 180 deg. away from where it would have to be to touch the ring. Also too large and oriented wrong to fit into it. There must be another bit that straps onto the horn in some way that isn't in the picture.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,205 Posts
I'm trying to envision how it would use the strap ring. At least in the photo, the hook is 180 deg. away from where it would have to be to touch the ring. Also too large and oriented wrong to fit into it. There must be another bit that straps onto the horn in some way that isn't in the picture.
I was thinking that as well.
Aren't there stands that have a metal strap that goes around the bell and then affixes to the stand?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think I have exactly this stand and it is more than perfect. The first few days I put the stand at my right. But doing that I was not sitting up straight. After some experimenting I came with a new idea. Now I place the stand between my feet. I can play for hours having no load on neck shoulders or anywhere, the stand does all the work. When the doorbell rings I can leave the sax on this stand as well. You can turn the hook 360 degrees and change the height. It is the most comfortable solution I ever encountered. I did not want to have some metal ring on my baritone. The saxstick or saxrack couldn't carry the sax without me holding it as well. In an orchestra I noticed I often want to put the baritone on my knees while waiting, but a saxstick then falls under the chair, as it is not attached to the baritone. Very annoying. This stand uses the straphook (see pictures) and I don't feel the need to let the instrument rest on my knees anymore. I ordered it in The Netherlands, where I live. It is a dutch brand (Grobbenhaar).

·
Registered
53 Posts
By the way, the hook is correctly oriented and not too large. It looks strange, but it is perfect.
If anyone needs more pictures, let me know.
Maike

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It's not available on the Thomann site anymore. Very cool idea. Now if there was a version of this to use while standing, that would be great. (But I understand it would have to be a heavy monster.)

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Now that I see how this works, I think this is brilliant! Hang it off the strap ring, rather that screw up the finish on the bell!

Any US distributors?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,811 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,310 Posts
Interesting setup. Thank you for sharing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts