Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave..
According to Martin serial number chart should be approx early 1935.. hope the condition is as good as it seems in the photos.. anyway I suppose that a few bucks to the repairman would mean in any case a decent deal..
But since I couldn't find many info about that, does anybody have a comment on the general sound and which "kind" of instrument is it?
I play some jazz (or I try to.. ) and much more world music and funk.. I love my 1926 Chu alto, is this similar in any way to that big, loud and "violent" tone that I can get out of my Conn?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,812 Posts
I had one of these for a while before I reluctantly sold it. As far as tone goes, some people describe the Martin tone as being like a "velvet hammer" -- it can be smooth, velvety and mellow, but if you want it will sit up and bark, loudly. Especially if you set it up with some large resonators.

The imperial I had really purred. But it would growl almost without effort.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,240 Posts
Smokey tone and powerful with the correct mpc (i use a lawton on my The martin, searchlights and typewriter tenors)
Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave dix said:
Smokey tone and powerful with the correct mpc
Dave
Exactly what I was looking for...
Thanks guys, the more I read about it the more I can't wait to have it in my hands.. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts