Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I had recently decided to get a barone vintage. Then my parents told me I have a budget cut. Nothing over $1000. So far I've found

Bauhaus Walstein AI
CE Winds Alpha
Kessler Custom Deluxe

Which one of these is the best or if there's anything I'm leaving out.

Thanks!
Austin

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,564 Posts
I think your previous four posts/ polls/ questions...Whatever they were, got you tons of good responses and recommendations for just about any sax known to man. Maybe you just need to do some play-testing, or just buy something and get on with it. This is a great forum and it is full of information, but it too often gets flooded with people who have nothing to offer, or ask the same questions over and over again. Not trying to cause any waves with a comment like this, but no one here is going to make the decision for you.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,888 Posts
Okay. I had recently decided to get a barone vintage. Then my parents told me I have a budget cut. Nothing over $1000. So far I've found

Bauhaus Walstein AI
CE Winds Alpha
Kessler Custom Deluxe

Which one of these is the best or if there's anything I'm leaving out.
I doubt there is anyone who has tried all of those, even if they had the only answer you would get is the best saxophone for the person who has playtested them all.

I have tried the bauhaus AI, and compared to any other horn at the same price that I have also played (which is a lot as I regularly visuit trade fairs specifically to do that), i is absolutely streets head in sound, ergonomics, build and intonation.

It also compares very favourable IMO to many more expensive instruments, e.g. many of the Taiwanese brands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i played clarinet for one year and one year of trombone in jr high, the instruments were free [first chair].But my heart was always in playing the alto sax i'm in very good shape,forty-eight years old and nothing is going to stop me from learning the sax.Also i will get lessons and practice many hours a day by the time i turn fifthy[two years ] i will be very good . Now the question , I do not want to waste my money on a student horn because the horn i do buy will stay in the family.I have a budget of 1000-2000 a second horn will be added in two years [ soprano-or-tenor] only positive info please

1 - 8 of 8 Posts