Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - in the hope you may be interested, link here to a teaser for my new recording 'The Infant: A Jazz Suite for Christmas'. Myself on tenor and alto, Phil Merriman piano, Ed Babar bass, Jon Ormston drums, ftr the great Polly Gibbons on vocals. I hope this is the right thread for this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T4KfXeAelg
All good wishes,
Tim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congratulation, Tim.
Based on the sample, I hear that it is an interesting suite, matching the contemplation for the period before and during Christmas. Interesting improvisation and mood building.
Did you use the same microphone that you used in the recording "Secret Love" (YT channel, on Conn 10m), what exactly was the microphone in "Secret Love", Audio-Technica ATxxxx? That sounded great.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulation, Tim.
Based on the sample, I hear that it is an interesting suite, matching the contemplation for the period before and during Christmas. Interesting improvisation and mood building.
Did you use the same microphone that you used in the recording "Secret Love" (YT channel, on Conn 10m), what exactly was the microphone in "Secret Love", Audio-Technica ATxxxx? That sounded great.
Hi - thank you :) The Secret Love recording was done at home, with the AT2020, yes. This one was recorded in a studio with a Neuman, which catches some of the nuances a bit better I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts