Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a quick question about the 16 bar solo. First of all...not sure who performs on Sax in this song, but it's a pretty good sounding solo. I am very close to having the solo nailed, but I fear that he may hit a altissimo G# (since I can never seem to play it myself) in the 12th bar. Is that the highest note he plays, or is it the high F# only? And is that a pentatonic he is playing?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Using my skills with telepathy, I read your mind and discovered exactly which recording you are talking about. Since you didn't list an artist, album title, etc., I found it difficult, but I discovered that he is actually playing a 12th-octave J-Flat. This note can be fingered with the 6th finger of the left hand and the 2nd thumb of the right hand.

Okay, I feel better. Seriously though, at least one extra detail might get you an answer without having to bump. Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that...the artist is Corey Hart. I guess I thought everyone was a big 80's fan...and could readily fill in the blank to guess the artist given any title. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts