Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchased a Mouthpiece from his Website on Fri, Jan 31, 2014. I'm waiting now for 17 months. I sent him several Mails, Facebook PM etc., but he ignored every Message. At this Point I'm really helpless what to do. I just want my money back. Does somebody know what to do or anything?

best,
Moritz

·
Registered
194 Posts
I hope you get your money back. Lebayle mouthpieces are hard to come buy. I sell some from time to time. But Fred is a very very very hard man to get a hold of any more. Even the US distributor of this line has difficulty getting a time line nailed down for deliveries.

I have tried sending Fred emails FB msgs etc. Sometimes I get a response, sometimes I don't.. It is a shame because he does make an excellent line of mouthpieces.

If you paid by Credit Card or PayPal have you contacted them to get your money back?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am only responsible for Lebayle pieces bought through me. Everyone gets the piece in a very timely manner from me, but as for buying them from another website I'm helpless and have no information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know what to do. He is always in Facebook posting things like "Every musician deserve the best" ... ***? I wrote him now over 20 messages, also in Facebook. No answer... He is really outrageous, because I know that he read every message! Is there somebody who has frequent contact to him?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't know what to do. He is always in Facebook posting things like "Every musician deserve the best" ... ***? I wrote him now over 20 messages, also in Facebook. No answer... He is really outrageous, because I know that he read every message! Is there somebody who has frequent contact to him?
I think you have to accept that your money is gone.... :-( If you ordered your mouthpiece over a year ago, and he still not response to your mail, it is hard. If you have a receipt from the transaction, you maybe could contact the police. But I don't think they would do anything. Maybe others are in the same situation as you? I hope they will contact you. Then you would have a better case. Hopefully it is not turning in to a new Guardala history:-(

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
4,109 Posts
You have a receipt, right? Proof of payment? Can you open a dispute with your payer source? I know PayPal is only 45 days, but if you used your CC or a debit card they will help you. If you bought it direct, they'll go to him, if you bought it through a different retailer and you're getting the backorder business they'll go to that seller.

If all else fails you can blast him all over his facebook page so his current customers can see that this happened. You'll either get yelled at and never get your piece, or it'll be made quickly so you'll stop posting bad things in public.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I guess its asking too much for SOTW members to unite and cease attempting to buy from him?
Even if that is through an agent that doesn't deserve the unofficial embargo. Sorry is that an oxymoron?

Seems like a regular issue. At least be warned.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,217 Posts
It's really sad and given your description one could call this little more than plain old fashioned theft. I don't know why a person would do this to others and in the long run to the business they spent a lifetime building. Just bizarre. Sorry for your poor luck in this mater

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
This is so bad. I have read similar things on dealing with Fred Lebayle earlier. Even though his mpcs are great this makes me mad and i wont recommend making business with the man. LANDRUSAX, anything you can do? IF you have contact with Fred maybe you can tell him about it?

·
Registered
275 Posts
It is impossible for Lebayle to do all that work by him self, just the online business part is probably a full time job, someone should help him out and explain how to run a shop online.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts