Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this would be the right place but I just wanted to post one song from my teachers outdoor concert I recorded.. This is his own composition. Playing a Selmer SBA Alto.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Great chops! Certanly can play. Not sure why anyone would want to "write" something that is so standard/stock in terms of changes. Very 1960s. May as well just be playing any of the tunes from then as this has nothing that stands out as a composition.

All excelent players Do they play anything that could be part of this century? Hate to hear tallent wasted trying to just copy the past.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear Wade Thanks for your Honesty and all I can say is that I write a lot and I use many different stiles in my playing, I do the best I can to approach different audiences and in this particular occasion I was playing for people from the 60's ha! In the same concert I had more modern compositions. I am always questioning my self about my musical approach, but I play in different venues and like to play with traditional harmonies, some times. Please visit the link below for more modern music I write. Thanks
www.myspace.com/freeimprovisationsax

1 - 3 of 3 Posts