Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I noticed on this forum that there hasn't been much said about the Neotech Neo Sling, so I decided to do a review on it since I have owned one for about six months now. I am not an endorser or linked to Neotech in any way other than being a customer; I am writing this review to solely give this product the proper credit it deserves and help people who are in the market for a new strap a better understanding of the reality of this product in specific, as well as shoulder straps as a whole. On that note, lets begin.

Overall, I have been very satisfied with this strap. Before purchasing this product, I had injured my neck and found it very uncomfortable to support my tenor with my neck. I was in the market for a new strap anyways and came across this strap at my local music store; the idea behind the design looked promising, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

When I got home and tried it out, I was very surprised at how much more comfortable having the weight of the horn distributed over my left shoulder was compared to around the neck both before and after my injury. Several other things I liked about this sling were the many adjustments that it had to offer to adjust to the user and ease of movement I still possessed as compared to a conventional strap. Actually, I prefer where the horn sits now in comparison to where it did with my old Neotech strap. Another thing to mention is that the plastic swivel clip hook is very sturdy and shows no sign of cracking or slipping off the ring of the horn.

As compared to any other Neotech strap I have used, I have also noticed that the padding, though virtually identical to the Neotech Neo Strap's, doesn't seem to have that same type of "bounce" that I have noticed a good percentage of people do not prefer in a strap. I'm not sure if that is because the padding is over the shoulder as opposed to around the neck, but I prefer having that little extra resistance to the padding.

Well, I feel like I have gone on long enough about this strap and hope that I have done this product justice as well as helped someone in their decision on buying the Neotech Neo Sling or any other shoulder strap. Thanks for reading.

NJsoprano25

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have one of these too, and I totally agree with you. I haven't really tested over long periods of playing though.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,862 Posts
I use mine for bari sax when I have to stand and play and I totally agree with your opinions.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,210 Posts
I tried legitalto's sling and was blown away by how comfortable it was even with a low A baritone. I do have bad shoulders and don't really know if it would work under those circumstances although I am going to purchase one and try it.

B

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,317 Posts
I've been using the sling in compination with the tradition Neo strap. This distributes the weight even more evenly while also creating an extremely stable feel to the instrument. It seems like a lot but I was have extreme neck pain with any sort of 'tradition' strap set-up.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,862 Posts
In the last few years I have had problems with headaches caused from neck pain when I tried to use my old XL Neo-Tech traditional strap when playing bari. I tried all the different harnesses, but never felt comfortable because of my chest size. When I found this Neo-Tech sling, I was immediately sold. I can even take hefting a bass with it ( although I'd rather not! ;) ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.