Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one of theses about a month ago and i think it is great. In the past I disliked the Neo-tech Neoprene straps due to the buoyancy. I find this one to be even more comfortable with the memory foam and the buoyancy is non existent.

Has anyone else tried these. If so was your reaction similar or not?

·
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
30,102 Posts
I think memory foam is a great idea, I didn't know about these. I didn't like the bouncy Neotech either (I still have one somewhere), but maybe I should get one of these to add to my neckstrap review page:

http://tamingthesaxophone.com/saxophone-straps.html

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definitely recommend them. It beats what I was using for a month after my old strap broke. A well tied drawstring from an old coat, it worked but killed my neck They don't cost very much either. If I remember correctly it was 17.95 at WWBW.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like it too. Been using one for 5 years. I also like the fact that they come in standard and a longer length for taller folk.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've been using one for about 1 1/2 years now, and really find it comfortable on the neck! Price wasn't bad either.

·
Registered
199 Posts
These are far superior to the regular Neo-tech you see everywhere. Very comfortable and stable. I do find, though, that I'm constantly re-adjusting the length mechanism.

I wonder why music stores carry the bouncy one and not Wick-It.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,309 Posts
It comes down to what you like and what feels comfortable to each individual. I was given a Wick It by a sales rep around a year ago, tried it at the beginning of a concert and it lasted for about two songs, for me it was too big and bulky, I put my old Ray Hyman back on, much more comfortable for me and it never slips adjustment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts