Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Just wanted to give you a good tip should you be visiting Amsterdam any time soon. The past few
months a new and very lively session has emerged at the café Nel in Amsterdam. The cafe is located in a part of amsterdam (the Pijp) where a lot of great musicians just happen to be living around the corner. Some of them got the idea to start jamming at this local Café and now, Dutch Jazz and music legends are playing right along side serious amateurs every monday evening at the Nel.

The level of performance is great, the atmosphere is great. It's all in the spirit of fun and everyone is welcome! Entrance is free!

The session is led by pianist Daan Herweg (of o.a. Caro Emeralds band) with:
Lucas Dols (Basist of Room eleven)
Laurens Priem (Lead guitarist of the wicked Jazz band)
Achim Heine (Drums o.a. of the levenmustercollective)

Check out a recent video here: (with Benjamin Herman)

Website of cafe Nel: http://nelamstelveld.nl/

Hope to see you thee someday! :D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
My saxophone teacher is also in Caro Emeralds band. Benjamin Herman always sounds good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey thanks for the tip! I'll try to come by when I visit Amsterdam during Easter. Are there special plans for Easter? Anything good going down? I would like to know if you know of a good place to stay for a couple of days. I have thought of booking a room in a Hostel or renting one of those Amsterdam apartments. But I'm not sure whats better.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,355 Posts
I'd be visiting there if it wasn't for the weekly bigband appearance in Cafe Casablanca...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts