Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My friend Diana and I want to do Nature Boy, as performed by Abbey Lincoln on her 1995 record 'A turtle's dream':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw4B0FKMBwQ&feature=related

Julien Lourau plays the tenor saxophone while Abbey sings the song and we love this version very much.
I tried making a transcription. The point is that I can find the notes that Julien plays (I play it on the alto saxophone, so then it is in G minor, starting with D-Eb-D C-Bb-A-G-Gb D-Eb-D C-Bb-A G-Gb-D-C-A-Bb...). But I have difficulties writing the rhythm of the notes. Btw, Abbey sings the tune in 4/4 and not in 3/4 as in the real book. The tune has a very nice solo I think you all would love to play!

I hope someone has more experience in writing down music and wants to do this.

And is there someone who can tell me what chords are used in every measure (about 60 measures, but it is with repetition, I think 4 bars (intro)-12 bars -13 bars-1 bar -12 bars (saxsolo) - 13 bars - repetition of last 5 bars -...)

I have nice music to give you in exchange for helping me out!

Maike (The Netherlands)

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Maike, try Saxsolos.com if you can't find someone who has this already, which is probably the case. Curtis Swift has hundreds of already done transcriptions on his site and although this isn't one of them he will transcribe it for a negotiable price, which he says he tries to keep low. Email him and ask for a quote, it can't hurt. www.saxsolos.com

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed Curtis from Saxsolos and today I already got a reply that he will transcribe it for me!

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
I emailed Curtis from Saxsolos and today I already got a reply that he will transcribe it for me!
Just to know for the future, how much does he charge?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts