Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone who has, or has seen up close, a BAM tenor Softpack ( http://www.bamcases.com/wind_instrument_cases/saxophone_cases/index.php?l=en&p=3 ) tell me if the area inside the case where the LH palm keys is recessed or not. From the picture, it seems so.

I have other cases where they are not, and the horn needs to have a little supportive padding to keep it from resting too much on the palm keys. On the other hand, I have Selmer and Yamaha cases where the inside padding supports the sax and where the palm key area is recessed.

Could anyone tell me how the inside of the BAM case is? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The inside is the same as the Selmer ones. BAM makes them for Selmer. The softpack is the same case that comes standard with the Reference horns (at least the altos). I hope that helps.

Personally I'd think twice before putting a tenor in a softcase. I think that too much logging around (and carrying over the back) might bend the body of the sax. Alto should be ok as it's shorter and more compact. I'd love to have a Protec outside with the BAM inside... :)

·
Forum Contributor 2015, SOTW Better late than neve
4,272 Posts
Yes, the palm key area is recessed so there's no weight on them as the sax sits inside. It's also cut out around the pinky table. My sax (a Series III tenor) rest its weight mostly on the tones hole around these keys on that part of the tube.

Overall, the inside is firm but flexible foam. The sax fit is snug.

Great case that I also use for my CB Mad Meg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts