Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I live in both Istanbul and Barcelona.I believe there aren't many known teachers that have free time including the last/first one I've worked with and there is a language barrier with teachers in Barcelona.So,i thought its best that I start practicing alone but i don't really know how to.Here is what I can do and some background,

I still can play some basic tunes of my past practicing times which were three months ago for almost two months, three hours a week.I have little knowledge on reading music and I can't react quickly to study via new sheets.Even though I practiced jazz music in the past I would be very happy practicing classical music too.My equipments are fairly good I'm told thanks to my teachers recommendations.So my questions are,

Is there a solid book for beginners just like in piano?
Any routines till I get more comfortable practicing music?
How do I make sure that my sax sounds okay?(I place my reed fairly good but i still have doubts)
Or even should I start all over for not wasting my time trying to play music I may not be capable of playing?

If i'm missing a point please add anything you think is useful.The forum is very informative but I'm still confused, so thanks for your understanding if I'm repeating existing questions.

Anything would be very much appreciated.Again,thank you for reading.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you have access to the internet, you can check out Bob Reynolds. He's a grammy award winner and plays with Snarky Puppy. He has a very robust online (paid) platform for learning.

This forum also has tons of resources (if you have the patience to look through). You may also want to check out youtube.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,465 Posts
There are tons of resources on you tube. Id develop a three topic system for any student. 1. work on tone with over tones and long tones. 2. work on chops with scales and arpeggios and 3. work on whatever you want to play, either reading skills or improvisation skills. But always bear in mind, your ability to play will effect anything you intend to do so working on that consistently makes sense to me. K

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you have not already, take some piano lessons. Learn scales and a bit of music theory. I will help a lot in the long run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts