Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have just acquired a 1947 Conn 12M bari that needs an overhaul. I would appreciate some recommendations as to who I should send it to in the USA. Obviously someone who knows the ins and outs of the Conn 12M.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
Dont know where you are but there are plenty of guy's 'outside' of USA quite capable of fixing a Conn Bari, inc. re-plating, dent work, mods. or whatever.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn't elaborate. Of course, there are. The horn is in Colorado at the moment and I will be in NYC in April. So it makes sense to have it done in the US.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I mean I could do it for you - just started my overhauling my own 12M, but you would have to send it to Denmark..... :-(

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,612 Posts
Paul Maslin keeps mine in top shape. He'd rather that I had "modern" pads and resonators, but he can't deny how well it plays with my res-o+pads.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You could try Martinmods, apparently he's real good at striping down old Conn's and in particular 12M's....

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Yeah, sorry just my misguided sense of humor kicking in there just to see if anyone would bite...notice i said "good at striping down old Conns".......but the tricky bit, putting them back together like you say can take years..

B.T.W. Does anybody know if Enviroguy (least i think it was him) got his Conn back in the end, or is it still ongoing?

The other thing that makes me shudder when i think about it is when i hadn't been playing very long and didn't know the score with these lowlifes is i very, very nearly sent my 61 Silversonic over to Mr Saxophone world headquarters in Orleans for a complete overhaul, i think it would be safe to say i would have never seen it again...

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use Matt Stohrer who is located in North Carolina. For my money, he is an AMAZING tech and wonderful to work with. He did my old YTS61 and has my Keilwerth SX90R in his shop now. My old 61 is better than it EVER was and I've been playing it and loving it for about 23 years. You can contact him at stohrermusic.com. He is an incredibly knowledgeable tech and a terrific human being to boot. Best of luck!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,594 Posts
I use Matt Stohrer who is located in North Carolina. For my money, he is an AMAZING tech and wonderful to work with. He did my old YTS61 and has my Keilwerth SX90R in his shop now. My old 61 is better than it EVER was and I've been playing it and loving it for about 23 years. You can contact him at stohrermusic.com. He is an incredibly knowledgeable tech and a terrific human being to boot. Best of luck!
How nice to hear that they are still serious technicians out there. :|

1 - 13 of 13 Posts