Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while since I've used my WX11 much but I'm getting back to it. If I knew the answer to this at some point, I don't remember now.

So, is there a way to set up the WX11 so that it plays a tenor part? ie, not in concert but in the tenor pitch, up a tone. Would like to play from tenor lead sheets without having to work up a concert part for the tunes I want to use the WX11 for.
Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
7,594 Posts
There should be a way to use the DIP switches for that, but it's been so long since I sold my WX11 for a WX5 that I can't remember.

Somebody at http://www.patchmanmusic.com/forum/ might be able to help.

Insights and incites by Notes

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I am using the VL70 not the wt11 and not aware if anything can be done on that module. Checking the Patchman site is likely a good idea since I also have that module installed in the VL70
Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks jvsax, I will dig out the manual for the module.

Just checked the manual and the master tune has about a semi tone max adjustment so this is not going to do the job.

And a further edit: Ah, yes, the joys of a re-learning curve! I have just found the 'system transpose' function in the manual and it looks like this will be what I need. Got to go play now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts