Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I am looking to get the closest pads to the originals as possible ,except i dont have the originals to copy .

As techs know anyway there are so many different types of pads in existance today one setup from another could be quite different.

I suspect that they may be thinner 160 pads as opposed to the 185 thickness found in Mk6 selmers ,originals .I know most techs prefer 160s than the 185 thickness and now many techs use modern pads like Roo etc.

Those i am Not interested in but if you are a tech and have handled some original sba pads..please let us know as i would really like to do a restore like the original,or if you have an old one you could send me that would be great.

Many thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but i did a long time ago and he only recomended his brand ,not that his pads are similar in any way to the originals.other pad cos also either dont know 95% of them or say anything to make a sale in my experience anyway.

they certianly did not have these pads with the stiff felt they use nowadays such as roos etc, so only thing i can think of is the 160s b53s but dont knowfor sure.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
1,530 Posts
Talk to cliff about the B53's he would remember, ask selmer if they know-they might recommend martin chanu but the US assembled horns would have been given american made made pads.Ed meyers is always an option....but I think you need to ask a lot of older techs to see if they remeber what they were taking out years ago......Please let us know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts