Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,046 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
247 Posts
jmm1713 said:
are these good horns ?
circa 1927 / 1928 buescher sopranos are very nice instruments. i used to have a silver plate of this same vintage; nice warm tone, terrific intonation. i regret having parted with it. happy bidding!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,046 Posts
steakboy said:
circa 1927 / 1928 buescher sopranos are very nice instruments. i used to have a silver plate of this same vintage; nice warm tone, terrific intonation. i regret having parted with it. happy bidding!
Yep, mine was goldplated. Ditto on the characteristics. I believe mine went into Gayle Fredenburgh's personal collection - at least for a while. ;)

Of all the sops I've owned, that would be the one to have back. :(

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dr G said:
Of all the sops I've owned, that would be the one to have back. :(
second that sad frowny face. my avatar is no error: i really am a meathead, sometimes. not having kept that horn is a shining example.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,358 Posts
Are they good horns? You bet. I have two of them in silverplate from that year. They are superb in every sense of the word. DAVE

·
Registered
895 Posts
A great horn. The nice-looking re-lacquer took a lot of buffing, but you won't know the difference when you play it. If the pads, springs, corks, etc. are good, then even at the "buy it now" of $999 you can't get a better soprano for the price. (Also figure $100 extra for a good, hard case.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts