Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited a Conn Sax from an uncle (posted on the Conn page) and a clarinet made by William Nuernberger, serial 25603, Germany, that according to the Google searches that I've done wasn't a very good instrument. However, all the info on Google refer to these as metal clarinets and this one is not (a magnet won't stick to it). Does that make a difference at all? It was probably played as early as the 1930s. Given that my uncle also played a Conn 30M, I find it curious that his clarinet was not as nice.

The clarinet came with a black rubber Selmer mouthpiece that has a gold disc in it with Henri Selmer and then a "precision garantie" and "Table S" in a flat area and what looks to be a signature below this that is hard to make out.

Any info on the clarinet and/or mouthpiece would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

John

·
Registered
469 Posts
Don't know anything about the brand, but hey, if you can play it in tune and you like the sound, I don't see why it has to be a "not very good" clarinet. Some of the more obscure brands can be great.

Actually, it may be a Malerne stencil. If you provide more photos of the body we may be able to figure it out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnaks for the reply - I don't play any instruments so the sounds I would make with this clarinet would be a travesty to music everywhere. Here are a few more photos of the overall shape. Let me know if you need to see more of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts