Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I got Tone Edge with a straight signature, but no USA on it.
What could it be?
An Early Babitt?
Thanks for your help and greetings from Germany.

·
Registered
Selmer Balanced Action Tenor Saxophone, Powell Flute
3,656 Posts
We would need some pictures. They stamped USA on the pieces long before the move to Elkhart / Babbitt buying the company. My guess is that it just somehow didn't get stamped.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your answer, I already know this website. There's nothing about it.
It might just be a current production without usa stamp on it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,443 Posts
Thanks for your answer, I already know this website. There's nothing about it.
It might just be a current production without usa stamp on it.

That is too bad.

Perhaps the next person with a similar question will find the Theo Wayne material of value.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is not what i said. There is nothing wrong about this page and it helped me a lot indeed, it is just that I thought that some members would have other knowledge about it.

·
5,443 Posts
This is not what i said. There is nothing wrong about this page and it helped me a lot indeed, it is just that I thought that some members would have other knowledge about it.
I am sorry if I misspoke in some way.
1. I saw a question about identifying an otto link mouthpiece
2. That question did not reference the Theo Wayne website
3. I posted a link to the Theo Wayne website because I assume people use the search function.
4. Thus, if they hit upon this thread in such a search, they could find their way to the Theo Wayne web site
5. I thought it was unfortunate ("too bad") that the Theo Wayne material did not cover your problem.

I did not intend to suggest that you were saying anything that you did not say when I quoted your previous post.
I was only trying to further the ultimate goal of the title of the thread, that is, identifying an otto link.

I hope the instant post clears things up.

·
Premium Member
18,563 Posts
Your TE looks to me like a current model TE (produced after 1980, because of the baffle) without the USA stamp on the shank. You often also can see a 'lake' (a lower spot) in the baffle area about half a cm behind the tip rail, but your pictures don't show that area very clear.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your TE looks to me like a current model TE (produced after 1980, because of the baffle) without the USA stamp on the shank. You often also can see a 'lake' (a lower spot) in the baffle area about half a cm behind the tip rail, but your pictures don't show that area very clear.
Thank for your answer, yes there is a kind of hole after the baffle.

·
5,443 Posts
Yes it does, and sorry for the misunderstand.
Thank you.

Although I still do not understand what is be referenced concerning sarcasm.

If I do not know what I said that was understood to be sarcastic, I might easily make the same mistake again.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Part of the problem is the subtlties of the American English language. Voice inflection that would signal sarcasm does not show up in print very well. Just read post #8 out loud in a sarcastic and condensending way. If English is not your first language, you may not get it. (I meant this sincerely not sarcastically).

·
5,443 Posts
Part of the problem is the subtlties of the American English language. Voice inflection that would signal sarcasm does not show up in print very well. Just read post #8 out loud in a sarcastic and condensending way. If English is not your first language, you may not get it. (I meant this sincerely not sarcastically).
Oh, well. When I shouted post 8 out loudly I admit it sounded pretty bad. I suppose that goes for a lot of statements. I wonder if "too bad" in and of itself should be avoided. That would be too bad. I kind of like it. "Unfortunate" would cover most of the cases where it would apply.

[I just shouted the instant post out. I'll be dinged if it did not sound pretty bad, also! Confessionally speaking, I had another person vet all of my personal letters when I was acting professionally. Tone is a tricky thing in language as well as in music.]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts