Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
42,161 Posts
this could be the application for an invention by Ron Irving. http://www.ronirving.com/ [email protected]

Ron has invented a " mask" which helps those who have problems at forming an embouchure because of certain impairments. the " mask" is worn on the face and with an opening for one's lips. When tensing the front facial muscles and blowing, the mask creates a back and downward force, by means of the masks resistance, which transforms itself into and action which is tightening the lips in an fashion which forms a sufficiently tight embouchure. I think that it would be working also to create a an embouchure also if you don't have much in the manner of teeth and bones to support a traditional embouchure.

I received a prototype which I did try (although I am fortunate not to be embouchure impaired) and I could appreciate its merits. The prototype wasn't particularly pretty but Ron was thinking, at the time, to improve its looks and performance by making this into a a neoprene commercial product

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
42,161 Posts
he doesn't have it on his website, it was a prototype of an idea that he wanted to develop, get in touch with Ron , I have sent him an email to alert him about this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts