Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
I need help finding a good tech to work on the Rev. D tenor I purchased recently. The horn is in a great shape, I don't think it needs any major work done on it, so what I was thinking of is basically having a tech to adjust it to its best playing condition fixing whatever minor issues it has (I never had a horn overhauled, so I don't really know what that would take). I wanted to find someone who works with vintage horns on regular basis and more specifically is familiar with SMLs. I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with similar work done on their SMLs and maybe recommend a good tech? I live in a college town in Arkansas, and our resources here as far as experienced vintage sax repairmen goes are very limited/non existent. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
check out abadcliche here on sotw

see his Rev D youtube video

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,485 Posts
The SoTW member Enviroguy lives in Arkansas somewhere, iirc. Hopefully he'll chime in and might be able to give you a recommendation, or not, if there is no one he'd trust with a Rev D! If he doesn't find this thread, you might drop him a PM and ask! So good luck, you got a nice horn!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure which small town in Arkansas your in... but there is a guy in downtown Russellville that does great work- if you want to watch his work look for "birds eye view repad" on ebay ~ hornfixer.geo. He's done work for me and I was well pleased!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts