Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SOTW,

I am looking for a very specific tuner I encountered in a rehearsal. I do not know the name, but it was blue, rounded, but most importantly had a digital cents readout (like +3 when i was 3 cents sharp, and it would give me the number of where my pitch was, not a needle). I need to find a tuner that has that accurate readout, needles or strobe aren't appealing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, but it doesn't mean it doesn't either. The one with the number is easier to tell how off I am as opposed to guessing how far away the needle is.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
True, but it doesn't mean it doesn't either. The one with the number is easier to tell how off I am as opposed to guessing how far away the needle is.
At your service! I bet the one you used was the blue, rounded Seiko STH100, which you can buy here:

Take a look at all the Seiko tuners here on the Seiko homepage.

Seiko SAT501S

Seiko ST-747 (I believe currently out of production.)

Then there's also the Peterson V-Sam, which is more expensive.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'm not really clear for sure, the 501s fit the part the most. However, I went with the seiko SAT800 and it is by far superior to the one I had tried. Thanks again, it has all the features i asked for and accuracy is incredible. Definitely recommend this tuner!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm not really clear for sure, the 501s fit the part the most. However, I went with the seiko SAT800 and it is by far superior to the one I had tried. Thanks again, it has all the features i asked for and accuracy is incredible. Definitely recommend this tuner!
Great. Glad to hear it's working out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts