Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this back in 1989, but it was vintage. Can anyone ID it and tell me the sale value? The only writing on it is very hard to read. It says "BUESCHER" with "THE" and "Elkhart, IN" above and below (respectively) forming an oval around Buesher. Thanks for the help! IMG_2462.jpg

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
It appears to be a Buescher soprano mouthpiece from the early 30's and earlier. Not enough visual reference here to determine what size it is from the picture, so it could be an alto piece as well. Would have come with a new Buescher saxophone and they are favored by those that closely adhere to Sigurd Rascher's school of thought regarding tone production and equipment. That means vintage Buescher horns and mouthpieces, usually.

That said, in perfect condition for sop, alto, or tenor, $100 is pretty top money for a perfect piece. $50 is about average. They made a gazillion of them and there's a lot of them still floating around out there. Bari/Bass/Sopranino pieces can bring some more money, but they're far rarer. This one with the chip in the tip that looks to be repairable, $25 is my guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts