Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I found a listing that just popped up advertising an old selmer similar 'to the one Coltrane used' thats supposed from the 50s. The guy says no scratches, dents, soldiering, etc.

The price is 1500$ however if its a SBA or a VI obviously the value is way way higher. If the guy knew what he was talking about the price would be way higher, however he knows enough to say theres been no soldering repairs and everything is original however not enough to price it high? Along with weird pics it seems odd. As these situations go if something pops up you need to jump on it ASAP so im looking for speedy response on what to do.

Ive Already have a meet and greet set up later on so no1 please rob me of this PLEASE!!!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
469 Posts
The pics are sort of unreliable. If you're meeting this guy in person, you should be able to get a good look at the sax. I doubt a scammer would be willing to meet in person.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
The picture looks real, but only seeing it will tell. Of course, if he/she's asking you to bring cash you might want to meet in a public place. Just a word of caution. Good Luck.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,440 Posts
At that price, I'd want to check the serial number through law enforcement data bases before I bought it. Something doesn't sound right in this deal. DAVE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts