Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I write program notes for a community orchestra I play in. We're doing the Creston Concerto next month with a college prof from a neighboring state, and I can't find anything online about the piece. I didn't play it when I was in college, so all I know of it is what I've heard on youtube, and what little is included with the typical Creston bio. Does anyone know of a research paper, or even really good liner notes to a recording that might be useful?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know I found some information online about Vincent Abato and its premiere a while ago (should be easy to find on Google if you search Abato and Creston). You'll probably need more than that, but it's a start.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I wrote a short research paper last year for one of my music history classes, but it was mostly about Paul Creston himself. If you would like, I can send it to you. As far as recordings, Otis Murphy and Dale Underwood both have cds out with the Concerto on it...I'm not sure how detailed their liner notes are, however.

·
Registered
635 Posts
CDs with the Creston Concerto:
-Soliloquy by Dale Underwood
-Song by Otis Murphy

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
CDs with the Creston Concerto:
-Soliloquy by Dale Underwood
-Song by Otis Murphy
Nobuya Sugawa also has a recording of the Creston Concerto. It is on the Tokyo-Kosei Wind Orchestra's CD "Scheherazade", available from Southern Music Company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts