Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone-
I have an alto and tenor sax, both the same finish and style made by Bundy. The pads are all in pretty nice condition and probably have a lot of life left in them. There are a couple small bits of cork missing but nothing that affect any notes. Just some uncomfortable clanging if you press the right pinky key down too hard on one of them. The serial number for the alto is 525114 and the tenor is 565130, is there a serial number database I could use to date these? I'm just looking for a ballpark price on what I could expect if I end up wanting to sell these too. I've had them forever it seems, but I can't play saxophone anymore due to my hyperacusis. I can provide more pics if anyone wants to see. I remember the store where I bought the tenor from calling it a "scratch proof finish", but I don't know how accurate that is or if it's the official term. I always turned a lot of heads with these because they are so different looking.

Thanks!
~Kyle

·
Registered
918 Posts
Not a single helpful reply yet?

I've seen quite a few of these Bundy saxophones over the years. They were a very popular horn with teachers and school band administrators because of their low cost, durability, standardization, and availability of replacement parts.

But they're not worth very much. They absolutely scream "beginner model." One is definitely a retired school horn. I'm not a pricing expert, but I would expect to see horns like yours listed at $400 to $550 for the pair.

I hope some other members will answer also. One person's opinion has limited value for you.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,213 Posts
Hard to be helpful with one scratchy foto.

Not worth a lot. Probably somebody needs a matching pair, though.

dsm

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,707 Posts
To be honest they are about the lowest value Bundy horns out there.

I remember the days when you had to give them away on ebay.

They wont be worth more as a matched set. Only rare instruments fetch more that way...and only sometimes.

However you will get some a modest amount if they have good pads. If they need work you wont get much because a decent repad will cost about the value of the horn in good condition. That is unfortunate becuase they are still useful as student horns.

Id say do a ebay search of sold items. Sorry I dont have a number in my head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts