Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for any helpful advice regarding selling a Selmer Paris Mark VI Soprano Saxophone ... I have inherited this item and want to sell it on ebay, but I'm not sure what I need to look at to describe condition, lacquer, etc. Any help would be great!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Material Girl: Welcome to SOTW. Yes, many pictures at all angles are good. Also, post a partial serial number leaving the last three digits as XXX (e.g. 173XXX). Many folks believe that there are good, decent, and bad ranges of MKVI saxophones, especially sopranos.

Discuss the condition of the finish, the presence or absence of scratches, dents, and small dings; whether or not the bell is straight, and an assessment of the horn's playability (intonation, tone, response, condition of pads, need for an overhaul, etc.). Maybe an experienced player could help you with that.

Is a mouthpiece included? if so, what model? What is the condition of the case? Is the case original?

I think you get the idea . . . be honest, be complete. And, make sure you understand the horn's value so you can set a reasonable reserve. Check out other auctions for the same horn. I'm sure others will have advice, as well.

You may even want to post it first here on SOTW. A lot of players are looking for that model and I'm betting the sale would be smoother and less risky here than on eBay. If you list it on eBay, please come back here and post the link. DAVE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts