Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All :) ...
I am new to SOTW and have been slogging (with much interest) through the posts for an hour or two. I guess you could say I am 're-new' at the saxophone as I played alto from the age of 7 all the way through high-school. I still have my old student horn (an Amati Kraslice Classic Super Alto model 97xxx), but even after having it serviced and repadded to it's maximum performance I am finding it plays very stuffy and out or tune in the lower register. I have been back to playing it for 6 months now and have had some lessons for a few months as well.
I am considering renting a new horn and my local music store is offering a Yamaha YAS475, a Selmer AS500 or a Jupiter student horn (not sure of model). I was wondering if any of you have any advice on which horn is the best for me to rent.
I am interested in playing jazz ballads and my teacher says I have a 'Desmond-Getz' sound in my tone. A local jazz band has been trying to recruit me for playing and would like me to have a horn that 'plays well with others' LOL.
Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
~~~Laura

1 - 1 of 1 Posts