Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some advice on what to do with a much needed neck repair. I haven't played seriously in quite some time and was looking to get back into playing as a hobby. I have an intermediate horn... a Selmer Signet tenor (S brace and LH bell keys) with a Dukoff D9 mpc that played pretty decent based on my limited experience. Well, a while back I accidentally bent the neck downward (I was dumb and was putting my mpc on when the neck was already on the horn) and caused it to split open on the sides directly in the middle following the camel hump curve. One side split open about an inch and the other split open roughly a half inch. Originally I gently bent it back upwards and covered the splits with... don't cringe... duct tape. It actually played ok, but over time my band-aid repair hasn't been so affective.

Is the neck repairable? I can take pictures if needed. I realize the horn isn't worth that much and don't want to spend a fortune to repair the neck or possibly buy a new neck piece. Since I've been contemplating purchasing a pro horn (P. Mauriat 66R), I'd probably want to sell the signet but realize I won't be able to recoup much money selling it with a broken neck. It's a shame since it was a solid horn with no dents and new pads that played nicely. What would you do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.