Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for a case for my King Zephyr Series II with wire pant guard. I know the ProTec XL will fit, but it is double the price of the one below. Does anyone know if the ones can hold the Zephyr? The problem is the wire pant guard, I believe. I don't carry the saxophone around, so, doesn't need to be something fancy, just a basic one will work. Or does anyone has any other suggestion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have a mark 3 Zephyr and I have bought a Selmer Liberty sax case as it was the only one that had compartments that fitted the body and the (double socket) neck. I had no idea it would be so difficult to find a case to fit.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Keep an eye out on ebay (and cl if you live in a populated area) and pick up a Protec XL used the next time one pops up. Trust me - the more expensive wooden shell Protecs are worth the investment.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the Gator lightweight spirit series. I strongly believe it will fit base on the picture. The problematic area is the wired pant guard connecting the body tube and bell on the left side. That case is flat in the middle, so, it should be ok.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update, I received the case, it fits the Zephyr nicely. It also has a rigid side wall, don't know if it is wood like Protech or some other material. The neck doesn't fit into the slot, so I will wrap the neck and put it inside the bell, not a big deal. It is a very solid case, similar to the Protech, but much cheaper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts