Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there are a lot of different neck straps, and very little information on them on the internet, I figured it might be nice to have a thread where people post photos of their neck strap that highlight the specific areas of interest. The hook, the neck backing etc. Also a brief review stating what they like and don't like about the strap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Blue Note Sax Strap

This is a Blue Note sax strap made in the USA. The neck pad is made from the fleece material with a soft foam interior. The strap itself is an inch wide with a plastic buckle. The strap has a twist in it, to make it more ergonomic and rest more on the shoulders.

The hook is a deep hook made of which looks to be brass. There is some wear on the hook, which has prompted me to look for a new strap.

The strap is relatively comfortable, but despite the twist in the strap, it puts most of the weight of the saxophone on the neck. The strap was also probably made to be used on multiple saxophones from soprano to baritone, so when used for the lighter/smaller horns, you have to cinch the buckle up closer, which makes for a tight fit around the neck. Also, you have to loosen to buckle to remove it, so every time you pick up the saxophone, you have to readjust it.

In the end, if the hook wasn't wearing out, I'd probably keep using it.

Detail of hook wear:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,254 Posts
Anyone know if the Shoulder Ride harness is still available somewhere?

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a total new Sax strap made in Holland, the BA.Sling
It will devide the weight between your neck and your back in any playing position and one size is adjustable to any size of person ,Children on alto to Adults on Tenor or Baritone saxophone.
It is on SOTW new products or go to www.ba-sling.com >BA Sling.

It is not a "normal"strap nor a "Harness"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts